It seems like everyone’s into zombies these and FarmVille these days (myself included obviously). Thankfully, someone finally thought of combining the two and rolling some Plants Vs Zombies graphics/gameplay into it and you get Zombie Farm which is also FREE!
Farm on the go, with your iPhone! Plant, Grow, Bury, and Harvest in this quirky farming game. Pick up your plow and enjoy the undead countryside while you literally grow your army of darling zombies to help bring your beautiful farm to greatness.
- Plow, plant, and harvest farm fresh veggies and fruits
- Plant corpses and harvest zombies to raise your army
- Customize you farmer, and watch him toil about your farm
- Enjoy watching your zombies wander around your farm
- Behold bizarre zombie mutations as you plant corpse and crops
- 15 different zombies of different shapes and sizes
- Pester Old’ McDonnell next door by invading his barn
- Upgrade your farm’s size
- Connect to Facebook to publish your farming exploits
- Invite your Facebook friends and share the zombie farming experience
- Hours and hours of gameplay
- No Internet connection required
The game is a VERY huge step up from Tap Farm on the strength of drawing patches alone. The tools and the overall game design are actually a lot closer to FarmVille which I liked off the bat. Facebook connect and offline play are two features highly desirable.
The biggest problem I have with the game is the lack of an overall documentation. Zombie Farm does guide you with the basics but you’re left on your own for the most part. Besides that, the social aspect of it seems non existent without an iPhone social platform like Plus+ or OpenFeint. Lastly, I wish there were more items available using coins than brain (which you’d have to buy using In App Purchase thus making this freemium).
Overall, I think the game looks and plays great especially when I figure out how to do the feature I bolded above. Zombie Farm is whacky and kooky and it’s just what you need for those little times you have free. The design is absolutely great and let’s hope the game becomes less freemium oriented to widen its audience