Look who’s back with more GDC 2011 videos. We’ve previously reported that Warner Brothers will be bringing Tapper World Tour to the iOS. During our trip, we managed to get new info, screens and this hands on demo:
“Tapper World Tour for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad is a modern reinterpretation of the classic arcade game Root Beer Tapper released in 1983 by Bally Midway”
• 2 Game modes:
- Story – Follow Nikki and her dad while they travel the globe serving wild drinks to stir-crazed customers
- Endless Shift – After perfecting a specific location, try and serve an endless amount of patrons racking up the points along the way
• Over 100 Thirst Quenching Levels – spread across 11 unique locations including Boston, Nashville, Rio De Janeiro, and many more
• Over 50 Unique Patrons – to serve along the way
• 2 difficulty levels – keep the customers coming at a frenetic pace
• Gorgeous Visuals – bring the game to life with high quality original art
• Addicting Mini-Games – are unlocked along the way to revisit any time
• Catchy Tunes and Sound FX – bring each locale to life
• Game Center – lets you earn achievements along the way
• Share With Your Friends – via Facebook and Twitter connectivity
The game looked really sweet on the iPad. I think the studio was able to find the right balance between updating the game and keeping everything that made the original intact.
Don Bluth drew the graphics and the animations for the bar patrons’ entertainment system. The game will take you in various countries around the world (thus the title).
Lives system is added to this version. Powerups, tips and combos are also going to be there upon its release. Speaking of which, there’s no specified release date for the game yet… just “soon”! I can’t wait for the finished product. You?