Hey, did you know you know Minecraft – Pocket Edition was out for iOS? Well, I hope so, I mean we even put a review of it for you guys. If you read our review you know that one of the things that disappointed us about the game was the lack of a survival mode.
Fear not though, the folks at Mojang are working on it! In a blog post on the Minecraft blog, Daniel Kaplan outlined some changes coming to the pocket edition, with one of them being a basic survival mode.
It’s not just survival. In the blog post, crafting was mentioned, with a custom interface being built for the touch screen devices, as well as an inventory system. To go along with that is an item system to pick up items, mobs (animals and enemies), and of course, general optimization and clean up for the game.
- A new file system – to make sure we can support items and mobs in the world
- Item system – to be able to pick up items
- Crafting – we know you want this This will probably need some iterations since the interface will be customized for the touch devices
- Inventory system
- Mobs – animals and enemies!
- Optimizing rendering code – we are experimenting with caves but need to make it work better before we are able to release it
- Clean up of code and overall optimization