I have been waiting for a Magic the Gathering game to hit the iPad for while now and Wizards of the Coast has delivered it for FREE. The game look gorgous and offers many features that can be enjoyed by newbies as well as advanced players.
The latest installment of the franchise includes 3 decks to enjoy the single-players campaign with a limited number or opponents and cards. Additional content is also available for purchase, the premium content package includes the following:
- 7 additional decks to unlock
- 250+ additional cards unlockable through play
- 18 additional Campaign levels across the planes of Ravnica, Alara, and Innistrad, plus 11 revenge matches and 3 Planechase battles.
- 10 puzzling challenges
- Online one-on-one Multiplayer play
- Two-Headed Giant and Custom game modes
- Pit yourself against the Multiverse’s ultimate evil mastermind, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas, in the single-player campaign
- Access to deck key and foil conversion in-app purchases
- Additional downloadable content as it becomes available
It’s worth noting that the app is a whopping 1GB download, so make sure you have available space if you’re going to try it. If you enjoy it you will want to get the premium content which is priced at $9.99.